Tuesday 23 October 2012

Runaway with me


Phew! It’s been a busy few months.  I have lots to share with you but today I thought I’d show you some of my recent work.  These are the images from a lookbook I worked on for new fashion brands, Runaway88.   The spring/summer 2013 collection effortlessly combines hard, structural lines with more fluid, free-flowing elements.  The designers, Jade and Naomi took inspiration from nature and history, in particular, Ancient Egypt and ripples in the sand caused by waves.

I have started drawing a face chart for every job I do now, so that the client has some idea of the look I am planning to go for, and so that I can continually test myself on how effectively I can get the ideas in my head down onto paper and then see how well the look translates from paper onto the model’s face.  I have never been much good at drawing, but I am practising and eventually want to be able to just sketch my own facecharts rather than using pre-drawn ones.

I really enjoying working on this shoot, and it was a chance to take my make-up in a stronger, darker direction.  I think my work in the past has been more beauty and I really wanted to push this and make it more editorial and edgy.  I also got to try my hand at some art directing, which I really enjoyed and actually think I have a bit of a knack for!
 
 



 

 


 
 

 


Photography: Kay Simpson

Model: Erika

Make-up/Hair:  Donna Harris www.donnaharris.co.uk

Clothes/Styling: Runaway88 www.runaway88.com