Tuesday 20 September 2011

Popping my Fashion Week cherry

Just a quickie from me tonight....

I have always wanted to go to London Fashion Week, ALWAYS! When I was dabbling in modelling I wanted to strut down the catwalk and when I was working in events I wanted to organise the whole thing. I am pleased to announce that yesterday I finally got there, courtesy of an old work colleague, who will now forever be on my mental list of favourite people.

Walking into Somerset House was like walking into a whole new world.  A man wearing what only can be described as a pink plastic tent hurried passed me as a woman wearing the most beautiful metallic gold Christian Louboutin shoes tottered precariously over the cobblestones in the courtyard.  Exhibitors eyed me up and down as they tried to work out who I was wearing (French Connection, Topshop, Kurt Geiger and H&M in case anyone is interested) and if I could afford any of their wares (the answer is sadly, no)! MAC had a great little booth and bloggers bar, offering make-up touch ups and great little notebooks with face charts that trainee make-up artists like myself can 'colour in' with the products used on a particular model.

I went to see Todd Lynn's catwalk show.  His exquisitely tailored collection were comprised of flowing silks and linen in silver, grey, blue and black. Jackets and trousers were cut open to reveal flashes of flesh. One stand out piece was a top which looked to made entirely out of pins.  The make-up took a back seat to the clothing: fresh faces, nude lips, heavily contoured cheeks and a strong sweep of blue eyeshadow across the eyelid.

All in all my LFW experience was a great one. Hopefully by the time the A/W 2012 shows come around in February, I'll be working backstage.  That would be a dream come true!

London Fashion Week, baby!



LFW attracts the stylish and the bizarre!


The Todd Lynn show