Monday 3 October 2011

Bringing Sexy Back

It seems my Make-over Sundays are taking off!  This Sunday I had the pleasure of practising my hair and make-up skills on another of my best friends, Elorena. 
Elorena has great skin and amazing cheekbones. She usually keeps her make-up to a minimum, so what I wanted to do with her was bring out her inner, sexy vixen!  It was also a great opportunity for me to try out my new favourite toys: my Dinair Airbrush and Babyliss Thermo Ceramic Rollers.  I love airbrush make-up. In just a few minutes you can get a flawless, undetectable coverage that lasts for ages.  The airbrush foundation is water and rub resistant and you only need a few drops to cover your whole face.  You can have as much or as little coverage as you want and can build coverage to cover blemishes or even tattoos!
I started by setting Elorena’s hair using the heated rollers.  Elorena’s hair is cut into a bob, but I wanted to give her hair a little more volume.  Heated rollers are great for this.  They are a little old-school, and some may prefer to use tongs, straighteners or wands to curl the hair, but I think they are really handy because I can just put them in and leave them while I do the make-up.

The 'before' photo with the heated rollers in

Once the rollers were in, I airbrushed Elorena’s face and then set about giving her a dramatic, winged out smoky eye.  I used black as the base colour but then added some gold to soften it a little bit. Her eyebrows were accentuated and lengthened slightly with a matt brown eyeshadow.  Then I highlighted her cheekbones, bridge of her nose and Cupid’s bow with Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Brick (one of my favourite products ever) and a cranberry coloured blusher to further contour and accentuate her cheekbones.  I used a pinky-brown colour on her lips to finish off the look.  To complete the hair, I removed the rollers and combed out the curls with a wide-toothed comb.  Then I applied some serum to my hands and ran my fingers through her hair to smooth down any flyaway hairs and add shine.  Finally, I pinned back a section on each side.



After


For the second look I wanted to make the make-up even more dramatic.  I added shades of purple and silver to Elorena’s eyes, added a little more blusher to the cheeks and a darker shade to the lips.  For the hair, I pulled it back into a pony tail and then added a clip-in hair piece.  I think Elorena looks great with long hair! What do you think?





The second look


Please feel free to leave comments and remember to 'like' my facebook page by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.